As we first reported in our June 2018 Issue, the Postal Services Centralized Accounting Processing System (CAPS) will be retired effective April 1, 2019. Earlier this month, the Postal Service™ issued a reminder stating that all eligible CAPS accounts must be migrated to the Enterprise Payment System (EPS) by this date.
EPS, the Postal Service’s new payment processing platform, was launched last year. Customers who have not already migrated all of their eligible products from CAPS to EPS have less than two weeks left to do so.
Eligible products and services include First-Class Mail® letters, cards, and flats, Priority Mail®, First-Class™ package service, USPS Marketing Mail™, letters, flats, and parcels, Parcel Select®, Media Mail®, Library Mail, Bound Printed Matter, Periodicals, International Products, Business Reply Mail (BRM), Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM®), and Merchandise Return Service (MRS).
Products not currently supported include Electronic Verification System (eVS®), Parcel Return Service (PRS), PC Postage®, Official Mail Accounting System (OMAS), Premium Forwarding Service Commercial (PFSC™), and Share Mail®.
For a full list of eligible products and products not currently supported visit https://postalpro.usps.com/eps.
As noted in the Postal Service’s March 1st, reminder:
- Customers who have a combination of eligible and non-eligible products and services will not be required to migrate until a future date.
- No new permits for EPS eligible products or services should be opened on CAPS after April 1st, 2019.
- The updated EPS User Guide can be found on PostalPro: https://postalpro.usps.com/EPSUserGuide.
Mail Entry and Business Mailer Support is hosting a series of informational sessions on EPS and the migration process:
- When: Occurs every Tuesday 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM ET
- Webex: https://uspsmeetings.webex.com/uspsmeetings/j.php?MTID=m16e815612fc10e6d0ff515ac501224f3
- Call-in toll-free number (US): 1-855-860-7461, Conference Code: 819 297 8257
If you’re a GrayHair client and you have questions about migrating from CAPS to EPS, contact us today!